Notice of Educational Options, School and District Accountability Reports, and Notice of Special Needs Voucher Program
Per section 118.57 of Wisconsin State Statute, the Milwaukee Academy of Science is required to annually notify parents of the educational options available to children who reside in the school district. Said options and applicable links to a current listing of educational options are available below.
• Milwaukee Academy of Science
• State Virtual Schools including those listed at - http://dpi.wi.gov/imt/digital-learning/virtual-schools
• Full-time Open Enrollment - http://oe.dpi.wi.gov/
• Wisconsin Parental Choice Program - http://dpi.wi.gov/sms/choice-programs/wpcp-statewide
• Home-Based Private Education - http://dpi.wi.gov/sms/home-based
• Youth Options - http://dpi.wi.gov/youthoptions
• Course Options - http://dpi.wi.gov/courseoptions
SCHOOL AND DISTRICT ACCOUNTABILITY REPORTS
The most recent School and District Accountability Reports are always available at the link below. 2015 Wisconsin Act 20 prohibits the Department of Public Instruction from issuing accountability reports based on data from the 2014-15 school year. The most recent accountability reports are the 2013-14 school year reports.
The Milwaukee Academy of Science met expectations based on the 2013-14 data.
NOTICE OF SPECIAL NEEDS VOUCHER PROGRAM
Per 15.7915 of Wisconsin State Statute, the Milwaukee Academy of Science is required to annually notify families of students with disabilities of the Special Needs Voucher Program available to children who reside in the school district. This program was created under Wisconsin Act 55 and will begin with the 2016-17 school year. The applicable link to further information is available below.