Have an impact on our scholars at MAS!
"Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much" Helen Keller
Parent involvement both at home and at school has been proven to have a positive impact on students. A study done in Washington, D.C. with African American students showed increased test scores and improved grades.
As a parent, you have a unique opportunity to participate in both your child's home and educational experiences. Consider one of the options below, or suggest your own idea to get involved!
Parents are welcome to:
- volunteer for MAS (Thanksgiving Dinner, Christmas Party, Muffins for Moms, Donuts for Dads, teacher appreciation)
- be an extra pair of hands in a classroom
- attend field trips
- attend monthly parent informational meetings
- read a book to a kindergarten class
- participate in Science Club, Boy Scouts, and/or Girl Scouts
- come cheer on our athletes at games
- assist with concessions stands during dances and/or games
Get involved today!
and we will get you set up to share in our scholar's success.
Marcon, R. A. "Positive relationships between parent school involvement and public school inner-city preschoolers’ development and academic performance" School Psychology Review 28(3) (1999): 395–412.